Microsoft’s Windows 10 is a widely used operating system. It was released on July 29, 2015, and has since become one of the most popular operating systems for laptops and computers. The following is a detailed description of Windows 10:
- User-Friendly Interface: Windows 10 features a familiar and user-friendly interface with a Start Menu that combines elements from Windows 7’s Start Menu and Windows 8’s live tiles. By doing this, users can navigate and access their files and applications more easily.
- The Cortana digital assistant in Windows 10 is capable of performing a wide variety of tasks, such as searching the web, setting reminders, sending emails, and navigating by voice.
- In Windows 10, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps were introduced, which are designed to run on various Microsoft platforms, such as desktops, tablets, smartphones, and Xbox consoles.
- By separating applications and windows, users can easily organize and multitask with Windows 10’s virtual desktops.
- Microsoft Edge replaces Internet Explorer as the default web browser in Windows 10. The Microsoft Edge browser is known for its speed, security features, and integration with Cortana.
- Users can access notifications, quick settings, and various system actions such as wiggling Wi-Fi, adjusting screen brightness, and more from the Action Center in Windows 10.
- Enhanced security features include Windows Defender Antivirus, Windows Defender Firewall, and BitLocker encryption for data protection in Windows 10. In addition, Windows Hello supports facial recognition, fingerprints, and PINs for user authentication.
- The continuity feature is particularly useful for 2-in-1 devices like Microsoft Surface, since it automatically adjusts the user interface depending on whether the device is in tablet or laptop mode.
- There are several gaming enhancements in Windows 10, including DirectX 12 for improved graphics performance and the Xbox app for streaming Xbox games to PCs.