According to the Chinese Foreign Ministry, no boy from Arunachal Pradesh has been kidnapped. The Chinese army has now confirmed that they have found the boy.
In the last few days, a 17-year-old boy from Arunachal Pradesh has been found in China. Lt Col Harshvardhan Pandey, PRO Defence, Tezpur, said that the Chinese Army informed them about the boy’s whereabouts. The legal process for his return is underway since he is currently serving with the Chinese Army.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry had categorically denied the kidnapping of the boy earlier in a media briefing. According to the Chinese Foreign Ministry, no young people have been kidnapped by the Chinese army- the People’s Liberation Army (PLA). The spokesperson for the ministry, however, added that the PLA guards its borders and prevents illegal infiltration.
The issue of kidnapping had come to the fore
It was recently revealed that the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) of China had kidnapped a 17-year-old child from the border with Arunachal Pradesh. The Center had been informed of this by state MP Tapir Gao. As per protocol, the central government asked the Chinese army to trace the child and return it. Defense sources told CNN on Thursday that the Indian Army immediately contacted the PLA after receiving information about the disappearance of 17-year-old Miram Taron from Arunachal Pradesh. I have requested assistance from the PLA to locate him in their area and return him in accordance with ASTD protocol.
There were five kidnappings in 2020
China had done the same thing earlier in September 2020. PLA soldiers kidnapped five people from Upper Subansiri district in Arunachal Pradesh. The then Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju took the matter to China after being alerted by local media and ensured that the abducted persons were released.